Create a Culture of Wellness
For Yoga Calm, the essence of what we do is to create a culture of wellness by helping schools, therapists and mental health providers reduce stress for both the youth they serve and their staff, while providing new tools to improve attention, health, learning and emotional resiliency.
Our universal wellness curriculum and peer teaching approach can be adapted to meet the needs of various populations, abilities and settings from PreK and up. And with a tool kit of over 100 classroom- and clinic-tested activities and lesson plans to draw from, your staff can easily integrate Yoga Calm into their existing work.
This empowering, bottom-up approach is quite different from typical top-down interventions via federal policy, testing, fiscal pressures or insurance requirements. By honoring educator’s and therapist’s intelligence, training and gifts, and supporting their health, well-being and job satisfaction, we can create an environment where both staff and the youth they serve can truly thrive.
Yoga Calm’s research-supported and college-accredited wellness curriculum and hands-on tools also augment existing school curricula and classroom intervention programs such as PBIS, RTI, Second Step and Title I. And Yoga Calm tools support therapeutic interventions for depression, anxiety, ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Since 2000, over 6,000 educators and related service providers from across the country have been trained in Yoga Calm techniques benefiting an estimated 35,000 children per day.
Training Packages Available
Introductory Workshop (2 hrs)
- Pre-consultation session to co-design workshop
- On-site specific training utilizing the scientific practices of Mindfulness and movement
- Hands-on tools for de-escalation, focus and lifelong wellness habits
- Alignment to existing standards and participant outcomes
Half-Day Workshop (3 hrs)
- All features of Yoga Calm Introductory Workshop
- Exploration of Yoga Calm Tools and Principles
- Application of current brain-based research
- Integration of Yoga Calm Tools that address specific student/client needs
- Includes Yoga Calm Resource Kit (Yoga Calm for Children book, Hoberman Sphere, Zynergy Chime, Yoga Calm Poster Set)
Full-Day Workshop (6 hrs)
- All features of Yoga Calm Half-Day Workshop
- Lecture, experiential learning and strategies for implementation of Yoga Calm Tools and Principles
- In-depth practice of breathing techniques, yoga-based movement and social/ emotional activities
- Development of Integrative Lesson Plans for immediate use with students/clients
The following is a list of workshop options, including the option to co-design workshops for specific school or agency needs:
- Brain-Based Learning and Strategies for Self-Regulation
- Classroom Management: Integration of Mind-Body Techniques
- Creating an Engaged Group of Learners
- Self-Regulation for the Professional and Client
- Trauma Informed Mind-Body Interventions
- Yoga Calm and ADHD: Tools for Attention and Self-Esteem
- Yoga Calm and Depression: Strategies for Connection and Engagement
- Yoga Calm and Parenting: Creating a Calm and Peaceful Home
- Wellness at Work: Movement, Focus and Collaboration
Online Courses Options
College accredited Online courses and over 50 training videos are available to complement your in-person staff training or for staff that cannot easily attend in-person or for locations where Yoga Calm courses are not yet available.
Raymond Yu, Elementary School Principal
Carla Olson, UMN Amplatz Children’s Hospital