Learn new tools and techniques to help PreK-12 youth reduce stress and develop self-control, attention, fitness and social/emotional skills with Yoga Calm’s acclaimed Youth Instructor Certification program.
Its unique integration of physical, mental and emotional skills-building supports both learning and health. And its focus on communication skills, emotional resiliency, mindfulness and positive behaviors brings back the joy of working with children.
Our Youth Instructor Certification Program is well suited for a variety of people, including school teachers, nurses, counselors and school staff; mental health professionals in private practice or therapeutic communities; occupational and physical therapists; moms & dads; and yoga teachers.
Creatively designed to support your personal and professional growth, our program gives you the training, practice and guidance to become successful in this exciting new way of supporting youth in school, at home, and in therapeutic settings. And with our online certification course with coaching support we can flexibly meet your needs.
Why Become a Certified Yoga Calm Youth Instructor
- Learn new tools and techniques to help children and teens reduce stress and develop attention, fitness and social/emotional skills
- Gain supplemental income and career opportunities with extracurricular Yoga Calm classes and product sales
- Establish new ways of attracting clients, differentiating your services and creating new revenue sources
- Reap the rewards of integrating your own yoga and wellness practices into your professional life
- Earn up to 5 graduate-level college credits, CEUs and clock hours
- Enhance your professional stature and personal recognition
Benefits You Will Receive as a Kids Yoga Teacher
- A license allowing you to promote yourself as a Certified Yoga Calm Youth Instructor and to use the trademarked Yoga Calm logo, copyrighted curriculum, course and marketing materials
- A business starter kit, including logos, graphics, photo library and video clips; professional flyer and business card templates; promotional literature, presentations and advertising copy (production/printing costs not included)
- Membership Program with free access to hundreds of lesson plans, online courses and over 50 training videos. Product discounts with Prana, Lululemon, Lucy, Gaiam, and other companies.
- Free registration when retaking any Yoga Calm course
- Discounts on Yoga Calm products and courses
- Marketing and business development assistance, including regional email campaigns, referrals and business website and brochure design assistance
- Brand recognition and consumer visibility from Yoga Calm’s award-winning products, national publicity efforts and online marketing efforts
- Professional recognition and referrals through our website’s Certified Instructor Directory and listing of your classes
- Collegial support and networking through our international community of Certified Instructors
How Our Training Works
Certification can be completed in as little as three to six months, with no completion deadline. Coursework consists of completing five courses and is based upon learning how to teach the 100+ activities from the award-winning Yoga Calm for Children curriculum.
The five courses in the Youth Instructor Certification Series are:
- Introduction to Yoga Calm (Wellness 1)
- Physical Connections to Learning (Wellness 2)
- Social/Emotional Connections to Learning (Wellness 3)
- Practicum (with personalized coaching)
- Certification Capstone (with personalized coaching)
Courses can be taken online, in-person or in a combination of both.
How Do I Start?
The quickest and least expensive route toward Certification is with our Online Certification Bundle. You can start immediately, work at your own pace and you will have lifetime access to all course materials after you certify. More information here.
Or you can take courses, one at a time. Have a limited budget, want to focus on one course area or just want a quick intro? Then taking courses ala’ carte is the option for you.
Starting with our Intro to Yoga Calm is a great way to learn some of our most effective activities and counts toward certification. Our master course calendar has all available course info listed for your convenience.
No previous yoga experience is necessary to start your certification training, but a weekly practice is recommend for all certification candidates to help you embody what you teach.
Need some help creating a course track for your unique needs? We love to hear about your vision for this work and how we can make our trainings fit your needs: email us or call 503/308-1160.
Certification coursework qualifies for five graduate-level semester credits and 60 clock hours. CEUs are available, too, and a Certificate of Completion is provided with all courses. The 60 Continuing education hours also qualify toward Yoga Alliance Continuing Education requirements.
Read our Certification FAQ
Contact us by email or call 503/308-1160 to help create a course track for your unique needs.