The Yoga Calm Adult Instructor Certification Program provides a solid foundation in the art and science of teaching inspiring, safe, therapeutic, and emotionally supportive adult yoga classes. It’s also an opportunity to deepen your practice with expert instruction in yoga philosophy and psychology, mindfulness, pranayama, anatomy, the bio-mechanics of alignment, and rehabilitative processes.
This training is registered program with Yoga Alliance. After you complete the coursework, you will receive a certificate that qualifies you to apply for a 200-hour registration with Yoga Alliance. This registration is the standard requirement for teaching adult yoga classes at yoga studios and other venues.
Highlights and benefits of this program
- Developing a well-rounded knowledge of yoga philosophy, practices and history
- Understanding alignment principles, energetics, variations, modifications, risks and benefits of more than 60 safe and accessible asanas and restorative poses
- Learning motivational strategies, tools and skills
- Learning how to teach in various settings and develop class plans based on student needs and clear sequencing principles
- Learning the art of giving hands-on adjustments and leading partner activities
- Learning how to work with student needs, such as injuries and pregnancy
- Learn the basics of marketing and running your yoga business
In addition, you will also experience and learn how to teach
- Various forms of meditation and mindfulness practices
- Yoga therapeutics and how integrated alignment principles support our physical, mental and emotional health
- Over 12 theme-based lesson templates that creatively integrate restorative and therapeutic yoga, core stability training, mindfulness processes, philosophy and social support
- Sequencing, scaffolding and modifications to meet the needs of mixed-ability classes
The core curriculum consists of completing 144 hours of instruction through the Immersion Course (one weekend per month for nine months, starting each October). Another 36 contact hours are required through electives.
In addition to the 144 hours of core curriculum, another 36 contact hours is required through any combination of the following Yoga Calm courses: Youth Instructor Certification (Wellness 1-3 & Practicum), Tension/Trauma Releasing Exercises, MBSR, Yoga Calm for Therapists, and Yoga Therapeutics with Jim Gillen courses (180 contact hours total). All courses must be in-person and may be taken in any order.
The ability to apply your Youth Instructor Certification contact hours toward the Yoga Alliance Adult Instructor RYT-200 requirements to receive both certifications saves you time and money (more than $1,000) compared to other training programs! Depending on which elective courses you choose, your coursework can also qualifies for 10 or more graduate credits .
World Class Faculty
The Yoga Calm RYT Program features expert instructors with decades of experience in the fields of yoga, mindfulness, physical therapy, mental health, music and sports performance.
Hear What Past Participants Have Said About the RYT-200 Program