Learn new tools and techniques to help PreK-12 youth reduce stress and develop self-control, attention, fitness and social/emotional skills with Yoga Calm’s acclaimed Youth Instructor Certification program.
Its unique integration of physical, mental and emotional skills-building supports both learning and health. And its focus on communication skills, emotional resiliency, mindfulness and positive behaviors brings back the joy of working with children.
Our Youth Instructor Certification Program is well suited for a variety of people, including moms & dads; school teachers, nurses, counselors and school staff; mental health professionals in private practice or therapeutic communities; occupational and physical therapists; and yoga teachers.
Creatively designed to support your personal and professional growth, our program gives you the training, practice and guidance to become successful in this exciting new way of supporting youth in school, at home and in therapeutic settings. And with both in-person and full online certification tracks, we meet the needs of busy professionals.
Why Become a Certified Youth Instructor
- Learn new tools and techniques to help children and teens reduce stress and develop attention, fitness and social/emotional skills
- Gain supplemental income and career opportunities with extracurricular Yoga Calm classes and product sales
- Establish new ways of attracting clients, differentiating your services and creating new revenue sources
- Reap the rewards of integrating your own yoga and wellness practices into your professional life
- Earn up to 5 college credits, CEUs and clock hours
- Enhance your professional stature and personal recognition
- Apply your Youth Certification in-person training hours toward our Yoga Alliance RYT-200 Adult Instructor Certification Program, saving you time and money.
Benefits You Will Receive
- A license allowing you to promote yourself as a Certified Yoga Calm Youth Instructor and to use the trademarked Yoga Calm logo, copyrighted curriculum, course and marketing materials
- A business starter kit, including logos, graphics, photo library and video clips; professional flyer and business card templates; promotional literature, presentations and advertising copy (production/printing costs not included)
- Membership Program with free access to hundreds of lesson plans, online courses and over 50 training videos. Product discounts with Prana, Lululemon, Lucy, Gaiam, and other companies.
- Free registration when retaking any Yoga Calm course
- Discounts on Yoga Calm products and courses
- Marketing and business development assistance, including regional email campaigns, referrals and business website and brochure design assistance
- Brand recognition and consumer visibility from Yoga Calm’s award-winning products, national publicity efforts and online marketing efforts
- Professional recognition and referrals through our website’s Certified Instructor Directory and listing of your classes
- Collegial support and networking through our international community of Certified Instructors
How it Works
Certification can be completed in as little as three to six months, with no completion deadline. Coursework consists of completing five courses and is based upon learning how to teach the 100+ activities from the award-winning Yoga Calm for Children curriculum.
Courses can be taken online, in-person or in a combination of both. No previous yoga experience is necessary, but a weekly practice is required for all certification candidates to help you embody what you teach.
The following courses make up the certification series and may be taken one at a time or in bundled course packages:
1. Integrated Approach to Wellness 1-3 courses. These cover the core curriculum and are available online or in-person across the U.S. They can be taken individually, as part of an in-person Intensive or as an online course bundle.
2. Practicum course (start anytime after Wellness 1). Is an online portfolio course that includes:
- Open book exam, Yoga Calm for Children
- 20 hours of teaching children Yoga Calm activities (you can start logging after Wellness 1)
- 30 minutes of video of yourself teaching Yoga Calm activities to children
- Five one-page lesson plans, each based on a Yoga Calm principle
3. Certification Capstone course. This course culminates your certification experience with additional practice teaching, individualized feedback and coaching, an opportunity to see others teach Yoga Calm, and special sessions on developing your business and promoting your Yoga Calm classes and services for youth.
How Do I Start
Select an option that best fits your needs:
|Check it out & start teaching
|Get core curriculum
|Get certified ASAP
(Includes Wellness 1-3,
Need some help creating a course track for your unique needs? Contact us or call 503/977-0944.
Coursework qualifies for five graduate credits (depending on location and format) and 27-52 clock hours. All in-person training hours count toward our Yoga Alliance-approved RYT-200 Adult Instructor Certification. CEUs available and a Certificate of Completion is provided with all courses.
Read our Certification FAQ
Contact us by email or call 503/977-0944 to help create a course track for your unique needs.