Our annual Summer Intensive – a training that encompasses our three basic Yoga Calm curriculum courses – is our favorite of the year. Not only do we get to spend time at relaxing studios and beautiful retreats such as Still Meadow here in Oregon; we get to meet and share our life’s work with amazing teachers, counselors and therapists from all over the world.
We come together for one fundamental reason: We care about children and want to give them the tools to be successful and happy in their lives.
Add to all this the enjoyable evenings of sharing stories and singing songs around the campfire, relaxing saunas, incredible food, and the general atmosphere of camaraderie – all this makes for a most memorable weekend! (See all the photos here.)
This year, we had three Intensives – in Minnesota, Washington and Oregon – with more than 120 in attendance.
One of the highlights of our Oregon Intensive was the guest session led by certified mother/daughter teaching team Kelly and Aderyn. They led a fantastic moving yoga flow, followed by one of Aderyn’s relaxation stories
We were also honored by the presence of Rob Roeser, a PSU professor and Mind/Life Institute researcher (the Dalai Lama’s research institute), who gave a fascinating presentation on the latest in mindfulness research, neuroplasticity and contemplative practices in education. We’ll be sharing video from his presentation in a future post.
Here’s what just a few participants had to say about this year’s Intensives:
- “So relevant and practical!”
- “Loved the pace, honoring of our energy and needs as humans. I felt ‘seen.’”
- “Training provided concrete examples of how to implement and why.”
- “I love the emphasis on self-care for us and our students.”
- “I love how you not only teach, but model how to build community in your training.”
- “The training hits so many aspects of education that we aren’t addressing, and it is presented in a way that promotes true learning.”
We’re already looking forward to next year’s gatherings – and we hope to see you there. So save the dates for the Oregon Summer Intensive: June 18-20, 2016. The dates for other Intensives will be posted on the Yoga Calm course calendar as they are confirmed.