Before another word, Happy New Year! We hope that 2023 brings you all the good things you seek – and carries us all closer to a future that is kinder, more compassionate, understanding, forgiving, and just.
That hope in no way obliterates the tremendous amount of good that persists despite the challenges we’ve faced through recent years.
Teachers have striven to address COVID-related learning loss. Counselors have helped children, families, and individuals work through the shocks and aftershocks of pandemic life. People across all populations have made their voices heard and taken action to counter injustices done to people and our planet alike.
And families of all kinds – biological and chosen – have gone on through their daily lives loving and caring for one another and the communities in which they dwell. Individuals have done what they can to help those in need and put goodness into the world, sometimes in the smallest but most deeply meaningful ways.
“Imagine what our real neighborhoods would be like,” Mr. Rogers once said, “if each of us offered, as a matter of course, just one kind word to another person.”
Over the years, this blog has been one way we’ve attempted to add to the good, which we hope is reflected in the top 10 posts of this past year – posts that have been viewed most often by the thousands who visit our site each month.
Here’s this year’s list…
- Some Thoughts on the Sudden Criticism of Social/Emotional Learning
- Tips for Talking with Kids about Climate Change & the Environment
- 10 Tips for Creating a Yoga Calm Earth Warriors Summer Camp – & Resources to Get You Started
- When Emotions Explode (A Counselor’s Thoughts on the Oscars Slap Incident)
- The Kind of Gentle, Peaceful Story We All Need Right Now
- To Be “Really Human” = To Honor Our Diversity & Interconnectedness
- Facing – & Transforming – the Fear of Feelings
- How to Avoid the Summer Slump – & Have Fun Doing It
- Movement for Kids, Mindfulness for Teachers?
- The Power of Finding the Strong Voice Inside You
Is there something you’d like to see us blog about in 2023, whether to help you in your own personal or professional development? Let us know in the comments!