Create a Culture of Wellness
For Yoga Calm, the essence of what we do is to create a culture of wellness by helping schools, therapists and mental health providers reduce stress for both the youth they serve and their staff, while providing new tools to improve attention, health, learning and emotional resiliency.
Our universal wellness curriculum and peer teaching approach can be adapted to meet the needs of various populations, abilities and settings from PreK and up. And with a tool kit of over 100 classroom- and clinic-tested activities and lesson plans to draw from, your staff can easily integrate Yoga Calm into their existing work.
This empowering, bottom-up approach is quite different from typical top-down interventions via federal policy, testing, fiscal pressures or insurance requirements. By honoring educator’s and therapist’s intelligence, training and gifts, and supporting their health, well-being and job satisfaction, we can create an environment where both staff and the youth they serve can truly thrive.
Supporting Existing Initiatives, CASEL & Mental Health
Yoga Calm’s research-supported and college-accredited wellness curriculum and hands-on tools also augment existing school curricula and classroom intervention programs such as PBIS, RTI, Second Step and Title I. And Yoga Calm tools are currently support therapeutic interventions for depression, anxiety, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder and drug-abuse s in hospital and clinic settings such as Frontier Behavioral Health Clinics, University of Minnesota’s Masonic Children’s Hospital and the Mayo Clinic. Developed by a school counselor to in support of CASEL’s Core Competencies, Yoga Calm features an integrated approach that promotes intrapersonal, interpersonal, and cognitive competence, yet adds a fourth, complementary, physical health component that also mitigates the somatic effects of stress and trauma.
Yoga Calm’s experiential learning activities engage students physically in learning, not only supporting SEL competencies, but also developing lifelong health and wellness habits.
Since 2000, over 20,000 educators and related service providers from across the world have been trained in Yoga Calm techniques benefiting an estimated 250,000 children per day.
Training Packages Available
Introductory Workshop (2 hrs)
- Pre-consultation session to co-design workshop
- On-site specific training utilizing the scientific practices of regulating movement, mindfulness and social/emotional learning
- Hands-on tools for trauma-informed classrooms including daily wellness practices, de-escalation tips and interventions, and focus and lifelong wellness habits
- Alignment to existing standards and participant outcomes
Half-Day Workshop (3 hrs)
- All features of Introductory Workshop
- Exploration of Yoga Calm Tools and Mindfulness Principles
- Application of current neuroscience in attention, stress/trauma, social-engagement and learning
- Integration of Yoga Calm Tools that address specific student/client needs
- Includes Yoga Calm Resource Kit (Yoga Calm for Children book, Hoberman Sphere, Mindfulness Chime, Yoga Calm Poster Set)
Full-Day Workshop (6 hrs)
- All features of Yoga Calm Half-Day Workshop
- Lecture, experiential learning and strategies for implementation of Yoga Calm Tools and Principles for specific populations and settings
- In-depth practice of peer-leading of breathing techniques, simple yoga-based movement and social/ emotional activities
- Development of Integrative Lesson Plans for immediate use with students/clients
The following is a list of workshop options, including the option to co-design workshops for specific school or agency needs:
- Brain-Based Strategies for Self-Regulation & Learning
- Classroom Management: Integration of Mind-Body Techniques
- Creating an Engaged Group of Learners
- Self-Regulation for the Professional and Client
- Trauma Informed Mind-Body Interventions
- Yoga Calm and ADHD: Tools for Attention and Self-Esteem
- Yoga Calm and Depression: Strategies for Connection and Engagement
- Yoga Calm and Parenting: Creating a Calm and Peaceful Home
- Wellness at Work: Movement, Focus and Collaboration
EMPOWER Online Classroom Health & Wellness Lessons
EMPOWER is an online science-based health and wellness curriculum teachers can implement in their classroom right now, with no previous experience. Just press “play” and go.
Designed for elementary schools (K-4) and homes, EMPOWER creatively integrates science education with daily movement and mindfulness activities, and social/emotional learning (SEL)—practices proven to nurture better behavior and learning outcomes while supporting health and well-being.
The goal of the program is to support a culture of wellness, where students, staff and families learn the science supporting health and wellness and participate in a few simple, accessible and effective mindfulness, movement and SEL activities each day.
EMPOWER can be purchased on a monthly subscription basis for classroom use or with a discounted school wide subscription that can be bundled with a staff training for greater effectiveness.
Online Courses Options
College accredited Online courses and over 50 training videos are available to complement your in-person staff training, for staff that cannot easily attend in-person or for locations where Yoga Calm courses are not yet available. These online courses are currently used by educators from over 20 countries.