Online Youth Instructor Certification
Start and finish your training anytime/anywhere, deepen your learning at Summer Intensives, and receive personal coaching during and after certification program.
A Lifetime of Health & Wellness Starts Now!
Why wait to help our youth build resilience to stress, heal from trauma and develop lifelong health and wellness habits?
You can start teaching Yoga Calm’s classroom-tested curriculum today from health and wellness pioneers, Lynea and Jim Gillen, and get certified from the comfort of your home.
Developed in a high-poverty elementary school’s behavior classroom, this trauma-informed program provides you with all the tools and techniques to help PreK-12 youth reduce stress and develop self control, attention, fitness and social/emotional skills.
Designed especially for busy teachers, counselors, therapists and parents that want a proven method to teach the whole child with mindfulness, yoga and social/emotional skills.
Used by over 25,000 professionals and counting, Yoga Calm gives you proven activities that
- Reduce stress, regulate nervous systems and self-nurture
- Develop social-emotional awareness and skills
- Improve behavior, communication, trust, teamwork and leadership skills
- Cultivate attention skills, higher-order processing, cognitive flexibility and creative problem-solving
- Foster physical fitness, growth mindset and self-efficacy
- Help with anxiety, trauma, sensory integration, ADHD and autism
Yoga Calm’s unique integration of physical, mental and emotional skills-building supports both learning and health. And its focus on communication skills, emotional resiliency, and positive behaviors brings back the joy of working with children.
Creatively designed to support your personal and professional growth, our program gives you the training, practice and guidance to become successful in this exciting new way of supporting youth in school, at home and in therapeutic settings.
Hear What Past Students Have Said
This step-by-step learning program provides all five courses in the Youth Instructor Certification series (Integrated Approach to Wellness 1-3, Practicum and Capstone) which includes:
- Children’s health issues and why yoga, mindfulness and social/emotional learning is needed
- Research support
- Mindfulness education principles
- Mindful movement sequences for classrooms, therapeutic settings and homes
- Integrative alignment that helps children regulate and attend
- Breathing practices to calm the nervous system and help with focus
- Social/emotional learning, communication and leadership skills
- Mindful moments, guided relaxations, storytelling & symbolic language
- Creating supportive classroom environment
- Classroom management tips, emotional “first aid” and behavior support
- Mindful eating practices
- Supporting special needs children & trauma-informed practices
- Lesson planning, practice teaching and reflection
- A “business kit” to help you promote your classes and start your new business
How Much Time Does it Take? What Support Do I Receive?
The coursework scaffolds easily as you learn simple activities, practice them with kids, reflect, and then learn to create your own lesson plans for your school, therapeutic, home or yoga studio setting. Along the way, our certification manager will answer any of your questions and give you personalized feedback and support on your lesson plans and practice teaching.
You will also receive training on how to setup up your own business and a business kit of flyers, images and logos. And you will have lifetime access to course materials.
We love helping our certified instructors and supporting their vision for this work. With our Membership Program you will also have access to the founders of Yoga Calm for consults on the specific needs of your students, how to implement Yoga Calm in your setting, and how to setup your own business. The Membership Program also includes hundreds of lesson plans, free webinars, and discounts on courses and name-brand clothing like Prana, Lululemon, Columbia, Lucy, Patagonia, and others.
How it works
We provide the highest quality content and utilize the latest online learning methods to facilitate your learning. Here’s a sample module:
|HD videos from live kid’s classes & college courses|
|Readings from award-winning textbook, Yoga Calm for Children|
|Interactive quizzing to reinforce learning|
|Practice teaching and lesson planning with personalized coaching|
|Track your progress as you work at your own pace|
Classroom Tested, Award Winning, College Accredited
Over 25,000 teachers, counselors and therapists from over 22 countries have been trained in Yoga Calm’s award-winning curriculum, supporting over 250,000 youth.
A certificate of completion, documenting 60 instructional hours, is provided and coursework is accepted for continuing education by many professional licensing boards.
The Certification Course Bundle also qualifies for up to five graduate-level, semester credits from the University of the Pacific, Benerd College, 60 Clock Hours from Washington School Counseling Association, and CEUs.
Includes personalized course guidance and coaching, and special sessions from the founders of Yoga Calm on how to successfully start your own business or add new offerings to your professional services.
In addition to over 70 videos and dozens of lesson plans, your Online Certification Bundle includes the following bonus online materials:
- Yoga Calm for Children textbook also mailed free of charge in the U.S
- Yoga Renewal restorative yoga class for adults (audio)
- Kids Teach Yoga: Flying Eagle environmental education class for kids (video)
- Heart of the Teacher yoga class for adults (video)
- The Boat Ride and other mindfulness journeys (audio)
How Much Does it Cost to Get Certified?
$850 course bundle fee; Includes Yoga Calm for Children. (Book mailed free of charge in the U.S,)
$195 Oregon Summer Intensive option (a discount coupon will be emailed to you after registration for the Certification Bundle)
5 Semester-level, graduate credit option ($62/credit, billed directly by University of the Pacific after completion of coursework)
10% Group Discount for groups of 3 or more and purchase orders accepted. (Please email registrant names and addresses to [email protected] )
Installment billing available. Select “PayPal CREDIT” for 6 months of interest-free financing
Contact us if you have any questions.
Another Certification Bundle Bonus — Empower!
Start helping kids NOW with our new Empower program. This video-based curriculum provides fun and engaging brain science lessons paired with movement and mindfulness practices. Add these complete video lessons to your practice group sessons to provide children with health and wellness benefits as you develop your skills.
You will receive lifetime access to Empower (a $60 value) when you register for our online certification bundle.